Saturday, March 18, 2017

Vestrahorn Mountains

This afternoon we drove north to the Vestrahorn Mountains and beach with black sand dunes.  The wind was incredible strong and at times hard to stand up, let alone walk up sand dunes.  These pictures don't do justice to the beautiful scenery and because I'm a lazy photographer I couldn't be bothered to get out filters etc to enhance the colours.  Maybe when I get home I'll "process" a few and see what I can do.





I've been desperate to photograph some Icelandic ponies but no one else is particularly interested. However I did manage to get them to stop briefly for this small herd - apparently a lot of them are farmed for their meat - shame!  




Back late afternoon to our hotel, which is in a beautiful setting.




This little cottage was a self catering apartment apparently.  Maybe they will build more as there is plenty of land around, indeed we have to walk quite a long way from our block to the restaurant.


There are also chickens and sheep kept in pens, one of which rather bizzarely has a child's seat mounted on the side!  


And a noose hanging over their heads.